Did you know...
- 79: Percent of teachers who say their classrooms lack essential items such as paper and art supplies
- 97: Percent of teachers who say they've spent their own money on supplies for their classrooms.
- $623: Amount of his or her own money that the average teacher spends each year on supplies.
- 13: Percent of teachers who say they spend more than $1,500 a year on supplies.
- $250: Maximum federal income tax deduction available to teachers who spend their own money on their classrooms. No matter how much we spend!
- $4 billion: Estimated total annual amount that teachers spend on school supplies.
- 28: Percent of teachers who say their families have had to "sacrifice extra luxuries" because of money they'd spent on their classrooms. source
About a month ago I set up a project on donorschoose.org in hopes of getting donors to support my classroom in getting a class set of the book The Giver. I am almost half way there! Can you help?
Check out my project!
Any little bit helps!