Friday, April 23, 2010

flowers.

After some research and a consultation with a florist, I realized that there was no way I was going to pay that much for something that would be used for 8 hours and then die.Through endless hours of blog hopping, I stumbled across my inspiration on The Sweetest Occasion.



swoon!
I searched every thrift store in the Kansas City metro area for vintage bottles, big and small! I managed to get enough vintage bottles to do at least 5 bottles at 20 tables...for about $100.00. I felt better knowing that the money I spent on those bottles was going to good causes such as, DAV (Disabled American Veterans), Synergy (Domestic Violence Services) and Hillcrest (Assisted Living and Services). I didn't feel I wasted money on things that would later collect dust.

So what to put in these beautiful bottles.... Sam's Club online, has bulk floral. I will be purchasing two kinds of filler from Sam's, which will total $70, including shipping. I will be adding peacock feathers (50 feathers for $9.99 shipped) and one other kind of flower to the bottles to give it the vintage feel!

For the placemats underneath, I used my Cricut machine to cut 12x12 vintage themed paper into flower shaped dollies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments just as much as Diet Coke.