Saturday, April 24, 2010

the veil.

I have to say, that out of all of my DIY wedding projects, my veil is my favorite. I knew that I wanted a vintage style lace veil, but was shocked at the price.I found some vintage lace fabric at Salvation Army. I actually think the fabric was a window curtain!
  1. Fold the fabric in half and cut it in a U shape. The U shape gives it the flowing shape around your shoulders.
  2. Hand stitch a running stitch at the top of the U shape in your fabric using a heavier weight thread. (The curved part of your fabric will be what hits your back. The top of the U will be what you secure to your bridal comb.)
  3. Scrunch the fabric as you go. You slowly see the veil take shape!
  4. Using a heavy, clear thread, (I used what looked like fishing line!) Stitch your fabric to the comb, with an "over-under" motion.
  5. And there you have it! One gorgeous veil!
bridal comb: $6.99 at Joann's
fabric: $3.00 at Salvation Army

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments just as much as Diet Coke.