Saturday, April 24, 2010

pew decor.

So we spend a total of maybe 25 minutes at the church? Why on earth would I spend tons of money on floral pew decorations? I won't! When I met with the florist a few months ago, she was going to charge me $7.00 a bow...just to rent! Ha! I got on google, and found 25 yards of 6 inch aqua tulle for $3.99. I went a little crazy and bought 4 spools of tulle. I guess I wanted to make sure I had enough! Do you know how many bows that will make? If one bow is 6 yards, then let's see...I can get 4 bows for half the price of what she was going to charge to rent one!
With shipping, I spent $16.00. So 4 spools times 4 bows, gives me 24 bows, for the price I would have rented 2 bows for.  Umm, I win!
Adhered to the bow are little butterflies. I used my paper punch to punch butterflies out of vintage music paper that my sweet music teacher friend gave me!
Obviously, this bow is a mock up and will look much better the day off!

tulle: $16.00
butterflies: free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments just as much as Diet Coke.