Sunday, February 20, 2011

confession: part II

First off, I almost threw in the towel with the challenge last night. I have seen so much inspiration from you ladies, that I'm so excited to incorporate all the ideas with all of my clothes. My husband encouraged me...I know right?! {hugs}
Fine. But I did tell him that I was switching out the black boots for the red wedges. He was ok with that!

Secondly, I purchased two more items of clothing. From this challenge, I realized I have plenty of clothes. But I also realized there were a few staples I needed: more skirts. I knew I needed a red skirt and I really wanted a pink/fushia skirt like Kendi's. I hit up 2 separate thrift stores, I scored a New York & Company red skirt for $1.00, orginally $4.00 but it was 75% off, and then a fushia pencil skirt for $3.49 @ goodwill.

So, this month I spent $2.23 (with a $10 off certificate) on this shirt, a $1.00 for a red skirt and $3.49 for a fushia pencil skirt. Lydia Marie said if I spent less than $10.00 on clothes, then it didn't count. So technically I have about $3.00 left to spend. :-P I'm going with her thinking.

6 comments:

  1. Love all your outfits from this weekend Sarah! Your red shoes are tha bomb!

    And hang in there...it's almost over! (I'm trying to convince myself too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's almost over... Can't wait to use the rest of my closet, too. I think you can interpret the rules however you want. (I'm only saying that because I've bought two tights from Target. They were on sale for $2.50! Plus, they're accessories.) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost over! I want a pink skirt like Kendi's too - I'll be looking at the thrift store too.

    Only 10 days left - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, go shopping with me!!! You are great at finding the cutest things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of your thrifting skills! I'm still on the hunt for a red and a fuchsia skirt. Can't wait to see how you wear yours though!

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can find awesome things that cheap, more power to ya! Wowzer that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments just as much as Diet Coke.