Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So long, farewell, atleast for now.

I took the plunge...I deactivated my facebook account.
Many reasons were attributed to this decision and I'm sure many of you can think of a few.

One deciding factor was that I had a very close family friend/childhood neighbor pass away a week ago, from being hit by a drunk driver. Seeing his families pictures of him was too much for me and made it very difficult to accept the fact that he's actually gone.

I have loved facebook, but I have also hated it. I think the hate has overwhelmed the love, so I needed a break. I need refocus my relationships, friendships and how to connect and communicate other than through facebook. I think I have forgotten how to actually dial a phone.

Yes facebook, it's you, not me. I'm sure we'll get back together sometime, just don't pressure me. I need some me time.

Have any of you given up facebook for any amount of time? Experiences?

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends did that for lent, gave up Facebook for 40 days and said it was one of the most relaxing experiences for her. She didn't have to worry about who was becoming friends or being invited to what and if she wasn't. I can understand that. And I've considered staying off of it for a while too.

    I hope this time is relaxing for you like it was for her.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete

I love comments just as much as Diet Coke.