Sunday, December 23, 2012

Your mug.

After many tries and fails of the whole sharpie white mug, cup, plate, thing- I went back old school with the paint method.
Supplies:
$1.99 black mug from target
White paint for this sort of thing
Paint brush
An oven
And a stencil if your handwriting sucks as bad as mine.
I cut out my letter using my cricut and vinyl paper.
Stuck it on the mug.
Painted it.
Used a cotton swab and nail polish remover to get the oopses cleaned up.
Put the mug in the oven while it was preheating at 350 and baked for 30ish minutes. I could have or couldn't have lost track of time.
Let set for 24 hours. (Good thing I didn't wait until Christmas Eve to do this.)

I used the inside of the letter stencil to tag his (my father in law) assortment of coffee.

Update: I became so in love with these mugs from target I made on for my mother in law (l) husband (l) and next will be my sister in law (j), mom (m) and her husband (g). And even though I'm not a coffee drinker, I'm so in love with the real mug, I'm making one for myself. Diet coke would taste just fine in it!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments just as much as Diet Coke.